Monday, April 21, 2014

New Music: Forlorn Strangers

I'm going to put on my hipster hat for just a moment because it's been so long since I've been ahead of the curve on a band - so I'm going to bask in this moment right now and tell you that I love a band that has less than 1000 listens on Spotify.

I can't really take the credit though, so my hipster cred is already out the window! I was listening to our local independent station (Lightning 100) and I instantly fell in love with the song that was on. I tried googling the lyrics and nothing came up, so I had to wait til I got home and looked up their schedule on their website. (I'm SO thankful they post what songs they played at what time so you can go back and look!)

Anyway, I saw that the band was called Forlorn Strangers. I looked them up on Spotify and then listened on repeat all night long. I looked them up on Facebook and whaddayaknow, they live in Nashville and they were Lightning 100's local artist of the week the week before I heard them. So, I definitely can't take credit for finding them - but that doesn't mean I love them any less.

If you have Spotify, you can listen to them here. If you want to check out videos (so funny that Youtube has become a go-to music-experience for me lately), you can watch some below!!

The song I fell in love with on the radio (just 4 voices, a guitar, a banjo, and some knee-slapping - do songs get better than that?):

A sorta slow, kinda forlorn song:

I feel like they can do so much with so little. Here's their song "Cleveland" - live from their living room:


I love them a lot. We never go to shows but I just might have to go see them next time they play!

If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.